Friday 21 September 2012

Great Little Project

I love hand-sewing, and hand-finishing the binding on a quilt is deliciously soothing, especially after a long stretch at the machine. I'm enjoying the quiet.

But it does go on a bit.

So I was glad to take a break to make this quick project - a therapeutic rice bag.


My friend has a special day coming up: her Birthing Day (her daughter will be two years old - squeal!!) She deserves a little something to calm her aching back after a full day in the office, and an energetic, chatty little girl to greet her at the end of the day.


I don't have a pattern. I kind of wing it. Which resulted in my winning the Most Raw Rice On The Floor competition (what? you don't have that competition in your house?)


Linking up with Live a Colorful Life!

      Live A Colorful Life


2 comments:

Live a Colorful Life said...

Great project. And thanks so much for linking up this week!

Jane said...

This is great - I love that you can tie it on, I never thought to do that.